Inertial Apathy

Sunday, April 08, 2007

(evil)^(1/2)

So, I've been thinking recently. A dangerous pasttime, I know. But, for my curiousity, I'd like to ask my loyal readers some simplish questions. And remember, this is for posterity...so, please, be honest. (two movie quotes in four sentences...I'm on fire!)

Note: Although the line of thought that spawned them came from the people I know...they are NOT about any particular person. So, to reinterate using vague pronouns, I wasn't thinking about YOU when I wrote this...just people in general.

Also Note: Feel free to give in-depth explanations when I demand you explain yourself (see second part of question one for an example), but I'm not expecting more than a sentence or two.

1) Would you rather be considered stupid or a liar? Why?

2) Would you rather people thought you to be a hypocrite or self-delusional? Why?

3) Which is a stronger motivator for OTHER people: principle, fear, or shame?

4) And finally, if you were in front of a large group of people who you respected and they asked you what your worst quality was...what would you tell them? (You don't have to say whether what you told was the truth or not unless you're feeling froggy. Meaning, I'm not asking anyone to divulge deep dark secret shames here.)

Thankee!

3 Comments:

  • 1. I would rather be considered stupid than a liar. Because if you're stupid it's not your fault you're wrong, you just don't know any better. Whereas if you're a liar no one will ever trust you.
    2. I would rather people thought I was self-delusional. Again because if I was knowingly going against things I said no one would ever trust me or give any credence to any advice I ever gave.
    3. I think a strong motivator for OTHER people is fear. I think most people would like to say principle but when it comes down to it they're generally more scared of what others will think.
    4. I'm selfish. I am more than willing to help others as long as it doesn't inconvenience me too much. :)

    By Blogger KieraAnne, at April 08, 2007 5:02 PM  

  • 1. I guess I would rather if people thought I was stupid; then they would underestimate my wiliness.

    2. I would rather be thought of self-delusional. Actually, I would rather neither of the above. But given the two, I would pick self-delusion. Why? Because I don't like doing stuff I don't think is right. So, I am more likely to be self-deluded into thinking I'm doing the right thing, than I am to do something I think is wrong for others to do.

    3. Probably fear, but that may include fear of being embarrassed.

    4. The thing that bothers me the most about myself is my insecurity. I don't know if that's my worst quality, but it's what bugs me the most.

    By Blogger Shemsi, at April 08, 2007 6:02 PM  

  • 1) I think I would rather be considered stupid. It's a close call though. I'm chosing stupid for the same reason Shemis did, but I thought of it before I read it, so I'm not copying.

    2) People have called me a hypocrite and it didn't bother me where as it bothers me when people call me delusional. I think the reason I would rather be seen as a hypocrite is because I have reasons for the things I do or don't do, and even if I don't explain those reasons to people they are valid as far as I'm concerned. If I'm delusional, then my whole thought process is flawed.

    3) I also thing people are most motivated by fear. Fear of being caught, fear of being embarrased, fear in general.

    4) I'm not sure what I would say my worst quality is. I have so many, it' hard to pick! I guess I would say that it bothers me that I don't stick to things enough. I'm not a finisher.

    By Blogger Margie the Pickle Princess, at April 09, 2007 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home